Civil Procedure: A Coursebook offers students doctrinal clarity without sacrificing analytical rigor or glossing over ambiguities. The book's accessibility, organization, and interior design support its innovative pedagogy making it the ideal text for any civil procedure course.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- New case treatment of personal jurisdiction in the Internet context.
- New cases and materials for affirmative defenses (qualified immunity), class certification (stop and frisk policy), summary judgment (police shooting/qualified immunity), and issue preclusion (official misconduct), helping students connect procedure to current social issues.
- New case treatment of proportionality in discovery.
Professors and student will benefit from:
- Nearly all questions asked are answered in the book
- Each chapter includes mini table of contents at beginning and summary of fundamentals at end
- Each case prefaced by accessible introduction
- Interior design and graphics support innovative pedagogy